There are times in life when what is happening around us is so much bigger than what we can see with our eyes. We are in the middle of unprecedented times, and as we pull together as families and communities, we have extraordinary opportunities to teach our children lessons that would not seem nearly as important or credible as they do right now. Don’t miss this moment – there may never be another one like it.
- Life is unpredictable.
We might not have seen this coming, but it didn’t surprise God.
- Some things never change.
The Gospel and the love of God remain steadfast and true.
- Not every question has an answer.
Sometimes we just have to trust God – even (and especially) when we can’t see the end of the story.
- We can’t always get our way.
We have to learn how to handle disappointment. Life is full of it.
- Fear doesn’t help — it only hurts.
Be brave! God will never leave us or forsake us.
- We are not in control.
God is in charge, and He is worthy of our trust.
- Personal responsibility demands wise decision making.
Pray for wisdom and God will provide it.
- The real you shows up in the hard times.
Be the person on the inside that you want to display on the outside.
- We are stronger together.
Your family — both of origin and your spiritual family — is your tribe. Cling to one another. Pull your weight.
- Never miss an opportunity to serve others.
Be the one who goes the extra mile, putting others before yourself.
- God can (and does) bring good from everything — no matter how hard.
It’s a promise, and God is a promise keeper.
- God always takes care of our needs.
It may not always be easy, but God will provide.
Our God is a God who saves; from the Sovereign Lord
comes escape from death. — Psalm 68:20 (NIV)